How much do you charge?
Between £95 - £290
Check out my
prices page to see what's included.
How long is the session?
Depending which session you book, the shoot will take between 30 minutes and 2.5 hours
start to finish but I always allow a bit of extra time just in case - I want to make sure you get the best shots you're happy with. If you have a tight time frame then let me know and I'll make sure to stay well on track with time.
Where is your studio based?
My home studio is located in Harringay, next to Finsbury Park in London.
Do you take a deposit?
I'm so glad you asked. Yes, I do! I take a £20 deposit. I know things come up last minute, you wake up with a million pimples, and trains in London can be nightmarish, I KNOW it's happened to me as well. However it's difficult to fill your spot last minute and I end up losing out on other potential business.
Girl gotta eat.
What should I bring with me?
- Bring at least one well fitted, sober coloured T-shirt with a slightly scooped or V- Neck line. This will elongate your neck and make your collar bones pop.
- YES COLOURS: Burgundy, grey, deep greens, muted blue, pale/baby blue, black, mustard, cream, and pastels almost always look good. What colours bring out your eyes and compliment your skin tone?
- Bring some layers: Coats and jackets look great in headshots. It’s always nice to add some texture. If you do bring a ‘bolder’ colour, we can make it more subtle by adding a layer on top!
- Think about interesting, flattering necklines. What shows off your features well and brings out your eyes? For example, slim fitting polo necks, lace, detailed neck lines, etc.
- Do you have a top that other people always compliment? Bring it. Chances are you look great in it.
- Feel free to bring hair straighteners and curlers. I’m always happy to help you do your hair should you need an extra pair of hands and if we have time.
Can I bring my friend/parent/uncle/random man I met in the park?
Please keep them at home.
Unless you are a minor I'd prefer to keep the studio space just for the two of us.
My studio is "Cosy" and I work much better when I don't have distractions or other people to make cups of tea for.
I'm awkward in front of a camera, what should I do?
I feel your pain. I'm extremely awkward in front of cameras too! But before we get started we'll have a good chat, I'll probably crack a bad joke and I promise you'll start to feel at ease with me in no time.
Everyone's first 20 pictures are awkward, but you'll loosen up and get into the swing of the shoot before you know it and I'll give you direction/feedback as we go along.
If you ever feel tired or like you want to take a break, no problem. We'll have a cup of tea and a biscuit and resume whenever you're ready.
How do you accept payment?
I'm so glad you asked.
I accept Pay Pal, Banks Transfers and cash on the day as well.
Please note that if you are paying via transfer this must be sent to me 24 hours before the shoot.
How much do you charge for extra retouches?
I charge a flat rate of £20 for each additional retouch.
You'll recieve the retouch in Colour and Black/White
What should I do the night before the shoot?
- DO drink loads of water. It'll make your skin look supple and fresh. It's also good for your health...
DO get a restful nights sleep. You'll be in a good mood, alert and ready to take direction from me, and look your absolute best in your pictures. We all win.
DO have your travel intinerary planned and check TFL in the morning for any delays and please let me know ASAP if you're running late.
DON'T spontaneously try a new beauty trend that leaves you platinum blonde with no eyebrows. (Unless you're sure this is the look you're going to stick with for the next year or so)
NOT to drink alcohol unless you absolutely have to. Alchohol makes your eyes tired and gives you dark circles. You won't look as fresh as you should and your liver could probably do with taking a night off.
Can I bring hair straighteners/curlers?
Yeah sure! I'll even help you do the back.
How do I get to your studio?
Tube/Rail: Harringay Station (2 minute walk), Harringay Green Lanes (7 minutes) Manor House (15 minute walk), Finsbury Park (20 minute walk)
Parking: The closest free parking is a 10 minute walk to my house. It's at the Harringay Arena Free Car Park close to McDonalds, Sainsbury's and Homebase.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING
- NO CRAZY COLOURS: Unless you are under the age of 12, please don't bring anything bright, neon or patterned. Anything that will distract from your face in a headshot is not going to work.
- Anything with a large logo, writing on it or a distracting pattern. Thisd includes checkered shirts, unless it’s being worn as a layer on top of a shirt.
- Strappy tank tops. Headshots are cropped to 8X10 at the collar bones which is quite tight, if you wear a strappy tank top without a layer on top this will end up showing a lot of skin, which looks a bit too casual.
- Avoid bright white - more often than not it looks blown out in images. However creams and textured white tops, such a lace or woven materials, can sometimes work.
- Don’t bring baggy or bobbly sweaters. Make sure your choices fit well.
- Don’t bring T-Shirts which are too tight at the neckline. Instead, opt for a slightly scooped neck or v-neck. That way we can show off your lovely collar bones and bring length to your neck.
Do you have a Make Up Artist you work with?
I work with two extremely talented make up artists, Hayley and Eleanor. If you are interested in booking male or female grooming, make up and/or hair please let me know via email. I'll arrange the date separately with her.
Please note that Hair and Makeup appointments do not include a Blow Dry.
Hair and Makeup is an additional £85 surplus fee unless booked in the Professional Package
Can I see the pictures during the shoot?
Sure! As we go along I’ll show you the shots (if you want) so we can make sure we’re going in the right direction.
What happens if I'm running late?
Please try your best to be on time. I cannot stress this enough. I am scheduled back to back and unfortunately cannot make up lost time if you are late. We all know what London can be like but please always check TFL before travelling.
If you are running late, drop me a text letting me know your tea/coffee order so I can have everything ready for when you arrive. Seriously.
Oh no! I feel a cold coming on/got a last minute acting job/something urgent came up - what happens?
This stuff happens, it’s no big deal. Upon booking a session with me you are required to pay a £25 deposit via PayPal on my site. The remainder should be paid to me in full either by BACS transfer, PayPal or in cash on the day. If you cancel within 24 hours, you can rebook without losing your deposit within 30 days. If it is after 24 hours, I’m sorry but your deposit is now mine and I’ll probably put it towards a large pepperoni pizza.
What happens if I pull a no show with zero warning?
I’m not going to be very happy with you. Please don’t do that.
You should treat a headshot session as a professional appointment. You wouldn’t pull a no show to an audition or a meeting with a casting director. To be blunt: I have no time for time wasters. If you don’t inform me 24 hours before your session you will unfortunately
lose your deposit. If you want to rebook after that we’ll start from scratch and a new deposit will be taken.
So you’re gonna take about 400 pictures - can I keep the unedited ones?” / “Why is there a watermark on the images in the online gallery?”
Short answer is no. You can only keep the retouches included in your package.
Long answer is: I have a very strict zero-tolerance policy on letting anyone near un- retouched images as, what has happened in the past, is that they end up online on Spotlight, Facebook & Instagram and are then representing a standard of my work to other actors, agents and casting directors. If important people in the industry and prospective clients see work that isn’t my very very best, my business suffers.